I got the questions from RUTS - JB over at There Is No Name on My Jersey wrote the questions this week.
I'm gonna be a rebel like Bryan K and post my responses here!
1. We’ll start with the bad news, what is your take on PSU’s off-season? The team has stated they are focusing on winning a National Title, will these off-field shenanigans get in the way of that lofty goal?
I think that off season tomfoolery (if you will) always affects the team - hopefully the coaches and the players can refocus - of course, we as fans have to remember that these are young adults that really do have lives to live off of the field (NO WAY - not until they’ve used up those years of eligibility!).
2. Competition abounds! Give you take on the battle to start in the secondary. Do you prefer to have a rowdy competition or know who your guys will be?
Competition is good - indecision and uncertainty are bad. It’s time to start the season - let the kids know where they’re going to be so they can be ready.
3. Describe your behavior as a PSU fan. I know some who are hand wringing nervous pacers and others who are drunken revelers before the football gods — where do you fit?
I’d say I’m a nervous reveler. I get really caught up in the game and the excitement of it all. In the stadium, I’m one of those fans who yells on every defensive down - and on every offensive down I yell “throw the ball to Butler - yes, I realize he’s on the sideline - I don’t care!” I can usually be caught doing the same when watching the game on TV - although I am aware that "they can't hear you PSUgirl" (shut up and go home) the football gods can. I like to watch games with PSU fan friends, as long as they understand that I'm not going to be very social or "a good sport" during the game. I do pace, but I have a friend (with whom I regularly watch games) who is a runner - it's awesome.
4. White Out, friend or foe? (I think the white-out is awesome but the blue unis are great! how do you reconcile this conundrum?)
Well, the players are rarely in the seats, so I don’t really see it as a problem - white background makes it easier to see the blue unis anyway. On a personal level, white is not the most flattering hue for my complexion - I much prefer a rich navy - but a little lip rouge and mascara will generally do the trick.
5. Who would you rather punch in the face: Lee Corso, Mark May, Lou Holtz, or Charlie Weiss?
I’ve only ever punched one person in my life, and that was only after he dared me to do it. And I doubt that it would do any good to hit any of those guys anyway: Lee would take it as a compliment; May would just keep talking; it would probably cause Lou to sthpit even more when he sthpeaks; and, Charlie would probably have you killed, bled out and then roasted on a rotisserie for lunch.