Heading up to State College in a few hours (around 3) - we've made some really fun dishes for this weekend's tailgate - Suz made some amazing Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel bars (genius) and I stayed up last night to fry up the cutlets for the mini Chicken Parms.
Since we're featuring a diner theme - I thought it would be fun to have a soda related "dish" - so I made spiked cherry coke jello.
Spiked Cherry Coke jello -
1 small package of cherry jello
1 can of cola
1/2 cup vodka
1/2 cup blue curacao
a few drops of blue food coloring (if you're crazy as I clearly am).
1. Pour a little over 8oz (1 cup) of soda into a small sauce pan - heat on medium high heat until boiling - remove from heat.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine jello packet and 1 cup hot soda - stir for about 2 minutes (until fully dissolved).
3. Mix in vodka and blue curacao
4. Add food coloring (this makes the final product a really dark "cola like" brown)
5. Pour into small cups or jello mould
6. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours
It's really tasty. I'll admit that I added the blue liquor and food coloring because the Lions are playing a red team this week - but the end result was very yummy (I took a small taste).